Monday, September 15, 2008

testimonial for a lovely job

“During the 2nd world war one of brothers married an American girl. They had a son, unfortunately my brother did not survive the conflict.

After the war, my sister-in-law sent the child’s first shoes to my mother. The shoes were well worn, with all the scuff marks, complete with tied laces.  The shoes were mounted on marble bases. They were of course bronzed.

I recall they took a special place, with a photograph of my brother in his Fleet Air Arm uniform and a model of the Spitfire he flew. My surviving brother still retains this setting, some 50 odd years on in New Zealand.

I am so glad  I found your company in Australia because having grandchildren of my own, I am so proud to have one bronzed shoe of each of them.

Thank you very much for the lovely job.”

Yours faithfully,

F.D. J. of QLD

 

No comments: